DIGITAL RESOURCES BY TITLE & LOGIN REQUIREMENTS
A - B
- A to Z the USA the 50 States and 5 Territories: state, county and city information, maps, flags, photos and facts login = library account number
- A to Z the World Culture 175 countries topics include greetings, travel, gifts, religion, superstitions, women, time, holidays, stereotypes and life cycles login = library account number
- Academic OneFile peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources with extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, and includes The New York Times back to 1995 login = library account number
- American Physical Society journals and papers. Click to open list of journal titles and links in-library use only.
- American Slavery to access click the "Product" box down arrow then select the title (top of list). Call 595-1243 for user name and password.
- Ancestry Library census, birth, marriage, death records, newspaper, historical stories photos, historical maps, and other media in-library use only Access Ancestry Library while visiting the library.
- Ancestry.com: Tennessee State Library and Archives Delayed Birth Records, 1869-1909; Death Records, 1908-1958; City Birth Records, 1881-1915; North Carolina and Tennessee, Early Land Records, 1753-1931; Early Tax List Records, 1783-1895; Enumeration of Male Voters, 1891; North Carolina and Tennessee, Revolutionary War Land Warrants, 1783-1843; City Death Records, 1872-1923. Create a free guest account. Before you begin watch this how to video. Remote access is available.
- Books & Authors offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics. Combining over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner and librarian's favorites lists, Books & Authors helps bring readers and literature together login = library account number
- Business Collection provides coverage of all business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management and strategy, as well as business theory and practice and access to 4,000 leading business and trade publications login = library account number Also SEE Small Business Collection and Small Business Resource Center
- Business Insights Essentials Research and analyze companies and industries around the world. Includes industry rankings, profiles, market share data, company histories, and more login = library account number
C - D
- Career Transitions Write an resume, cover letter, tips and advice, interview simulations. login = library account number
- Computer Database computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology login = library account number
- Congressional Digest, in-library use only, ask for login and password
- Driving-Tests.org In partnership with Driving-Tests.org, WCPLtn is proud to offer FREE Tennessee Driver Permit practice tests. These tests, for both automobile and motorcycle, along with the Driver Handbook for each are available.
E - F
- EBSCOhost eAudiobook Collection includes fiction and non-fiction downloadable audiobook titles. Android and iphone/ipad app is avaiable. Once logged in, scroll to bottom of the page and click the New: EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link. Requires an email address. login = library account number
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection includes fiction and non-fiction titles. Android and iphone/ipad app is avaiable. Once logged in, scroll to bottom of the page and click the New: EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link. Requires an email address. login = library account number
- eSequels: a Reader's Guide to Novels in Series login = library account number
- Educator's Reference Complete a selection of more than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. Majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database login = library account number
- Expanded Academic ASAP from arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines login = library account number
- Fold3: History and Genealogy Archives: [formerly footnote.com] Civil War, newspapers, milestone documents, census, Vietnam, photos, naturalization papers, city directories, UFO investigations, WW1. Also African American Archives, Native American Archives, Revolutionary War Archives, US Bureau of Investigation Case File Archives, and WW2 Archives. Fold3 FAQ login = library account number
- Gale Directory Library hosts a variety of directory products: Awards, Honors & Prizes, 40th ed., 2010; Encyclopedia of Associations: International Organizations; Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media, 146th ed., 2010 Scholarships, Fellowships& Loans 27th ed, 2010. NOTE: to search an individual title select the Advanced Search option. login = library account number
- Gale Literary Sources Unlock
information in primary sources, critical articles, literary and
cultural analysis, and biographies. Search across centuries to see the
broader continuum of the story you choose to tell. We have integrated
Literature Resources from Gale and Literature Criticism Online into a
single research environment to help you take your research to new
login = library account number
- General Business ASAP SEE Business Collection
- Gale Virtual Reference Library your online reference source highlighting business, cultures, history, literature, science, technology and more. login = library account number
- Genealogy and Local History Database includes Williamson County African-American genealogy, newspaper articles, obituaries, and more. The database is compiled by library staff and volunteers.
- General OneFile news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics login = library account number
- General Reference Center Gold general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications login = library account number
- General Science Collection A collection of over 1,000 peer-reviewed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments. login = library account number
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials. Includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related videos from partner Healthology, Inc., and articles from 2,200 general interest publications in addition to a broad collection of Gale reference titles GALE POWER SEARCH login = library account number
- Health Reference Center Academic multi-source database provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources in InfoTrac's award-winning Health Reference Center login = library account number
- HeritageQuest Online a resource for genealogy and family history research. Includes digitized copies of federal census records, full-text family and local history books, Freedman's Bank records and more login = library account number
- Information Science & Library Issues Collection content from nearly 100 leading industry journals, this collection provides current and accurate information for the information professional login = library account number
- Informe! Academico una colecciÃ³n de revistas hispÃ¡nicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnologÃ­a, cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias login = library account number
- InfoTrac TEL portal to all Gale databases and ebooks login = library account number
- Infotrac Business Collection SEE Business Collection.
- InfoTrac Newsstand full-text newspaper database which allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section or other assigned fields. Finally, a one-stop source for the day's news and searchable archives. The National Newspaper Index provides quick access to the indexing of America's top five newspapers in one seamless search: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post login = library account number
- Insurance and Liability Collection This collection, of journals, takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more. login = library account number
J - K - L
- Kids Homework access to a variety of indexed and full-text reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more. login = library account number
- Kids InfoBits a database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Full-text content of elementary reference sources and magazines covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.The database includes the Lexile level for magazine and newspaper articles. GALE POWER SEARCH login = library account number
- Learning Express Achieve your educational and career goals. Choose a center below and get started! login = library account number.
- Adult Learning Center Improve your basic skills.
- Career Center Prepare for a career exam, explore occupations, and improve your workplace skills here.
- College Center Strengthen your academic skills and prepare for placement tests and graduate school entrance exams here.
- College Preparation Center Practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks to help you prepare for college success.
- Computer Skills Video courses to learn popular software and computer basics.
- High School Equivalency Center
Video courses to learn popular software and computer basics. There is
now a new GEDÂ® test and also two other tests that can lead to your high
school equivalency credential. Click to determine the test required in your state.
- School Center Elementary, Middle and High School practice, lessons, and study aids to help you do your best in school.
- Recursos para hispanohablantes
Este centro ofrece práctica para mejorar las habilidades básicas,
práctica para el examen de GEDÂ® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- Literature Resource Center find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world, supplemented by the scholarly materials of the Scribner Writers Series and Twayne's World, U.S., and English Authors Series GALE POWER SEARCH login = library account number
M - N
- Military & Intelligence Collection over 10 million articles (80% full-text) from more than 500 titles, basic reference materials and is part of InfoTrac One File login = library account number
- National Newspaper Index index SEE Infotrac Newsstand
O - P
- One Click eAudiobook Collection downloadable audiobook titles for children and teens. login = enter library account number when setting up user account
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context covering today's hot topics. Helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- Oxford Reference Online art & architecture, bilingual dictionaries, classics, computing, earth & environmental sciences, economics & business, English dictionaries & thesauruses, food & drink, history, law, literature, maps, medicine, music, mythology & folklore, names & places, natural history, performing arts, physical sciences & mathematics, politics & social Sciences, pre-history, quotations, religion & philosophy, and science reference titles login = library card number
- Powerspeak Languages engaging courses utilize an arsenal of progressive language learning methods. Powerspeak Languages is an entertaining and effective way to learn a new language. login = library card number
- Professional Collection more than 300 full-text periodicals covering a variety of topics for teachers/educators, including: health and fitness, school law, drug and alcohol abuse, learning disabilities, sports, arts and humanities, social sciences, and psychology login = library account number
- R.E.A.D.S Regional eBook and Audiobook Download System. Over 7,000 titles in the collection. login = library account number
- ReferenceUSA, 14 million U.S. Businesses and 100 million Residential Households. Enable override automatic cookie handling. If prompted to login for access clear browser cookies and close browser. Do not set a browser bookmark. login = library account number iPad App
- Religion & Philosophy Collection more than 250 magazines and Journals on religion, philosophy, archaeology, and anthropology, and covers the impact of religion on culture, any articles are full-text is part of InfoTrac Onefile login = library account number
- Research In Context Designed specifically for middle school researchers, Research In Context is cross-disciplinary in nature spanning literature, science, social studies, and U.S. and world history. Research In Context will simplify searching and bring together content from five separate resources serving the middle school user group"” Discovering Collection, Junior Reference Collection, Student Resource Center Jr., InfoTrac Junior Edition, and InfoTrac Junior Graphic Edition. login = library account number
- Salem Press Database: Health, History, Literature and Science, login = library account number
- SELF-e Select eBook Collection. SELF-e Is a collaboration between Library Journal and Biblioboard Mobile LIbrary to host Indie (self) published ebooks by authors from Tennessee and the around the country. Apps are available for the iPad®, Nexus and Galaxy Tab® and Kindle Fire HD®. Create a user account while visiting the library or from home with your library barcode and PIN.
- Small Business Collection for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full text subject-appropriate periodicals. login = library account number
- Small Business Resource Center learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites. login = library account number
- Southern Life full-text articles that relate directly to Southern living, both past and present, including people, places, historical events and more login = library account number
- Special Collections Genealogy and Local History Database index to the library's periodicals collection, family history vertical file, births, Edith Rucker Whitley collection, marriages, maps and news articles about Williamson County
- Student Edition K-12 over 1100 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this periodical database is designed for high-school students with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, podcasts, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more GALE POWER SEARCH login = library account number
- Student Resources in Context Topic perspectives by integrating a multitude of content delivering an authoritative multimedia selection of content — primary sources, overviews, videos, interactives and much more
- The Tennessean Historical Tennessee papers 1812 to 1922 and Nov 7, 2002 to present. Current content published third day after publication date. Includes Nashville newspaper articles and obituaries login = library account number
- Tennessee Electronic Library
- Tennessee Newspaper Collection The Commercial Appeal Memphis, TN and the Knoxville News Sentinel hosted by Infrotrac. login = library account number
- Testing and Education Reference Center Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals. login = library account number
- Total Boox library users have access to thousands of ebooks in a wide range of fiction and nonfiction categories. Titles may be downloaded to Android, Kindle, and iOs tablets 24/7. Quick start guide. Illustrated iPad install and use instructions. login = library account number and PIN
- Tumblebook Library an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they'll love. login = library account number
- Biblioteca Tumblebook leer en una computadora o tableta electronica como el iPad. entrada al sistema = número de cuenta de la biblioteca
V - Z
- Value Line Investment Survey Subscription includes: The Value Line Investment Survey, The Value Line Investment Survey Small and Mid-Cap Edition, The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey, The Value Line Daily Options Survey, The Value Line Special Situations Service and The Value Line Convertibles Survey. login = library account number
- Visions of the Past: Index Thelma Battle's African American Exhibit Catalogs
- Vocations, Careers & Technical Education Collection content from nearly 400 journals, this collection provides content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals. login = library account number
- War and Terrorism Collection War and Terrorism Collection provides access to academic journals
and magazines of interest to analysts, risk management professionals,
and students of military science, history, and social science. The
database offers balanced coverage of both historic and contemporary
topics in the fields of war and terrorism. login = library account number
- Williamson County Obituaries Database collection of obituaries gleaned from local newspapers from the early 1900s to date
- World Book online encyclopedia offers unique content and features for patrons of every age, ability and interest. Using the same expert information found in the World Book Encyclopedia, these easy-to-navigate websites offer 24/7 access on smartphones, tablets and personal computers.
- World History Collection well-rounded coverage of both the current thinking and events in World History, as well as scholarly work being established in the field. This compilation of journals provides robust and balanced coverage of this field, useful both to the novice historian as well as to the advanced academic researcher. login = library account number
- Zinio Online Magazines unlimited remote access to magazines purchased for WCPLtn patrons. Available on your computer, tablet or mobile device.See the Zinio Information / FAQ page for assistance with:
- Setting up your Library Zinio account.
- Setting up your Zinio Website account.
- Finding content within a magazine.
- List of magazines by title.