Income Tax Information - Tax Year 2022
Tax Forms at the Library
The following Tax Year 2022 forms are available at the Library.
- Form 1040
- Form 1040-SR
- Form 1040 / 1040-SR Instructions
- Form 1040 in Spanish
- 1040 / 1040-SR Instructions in Spanish
- Form 1099-NEC
- Form 1096
Additional schedules and forms can be downloaded and printed from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.
Tennessee's Hall Income Tax was repealed for tax periods that begin on January 1, 2021, or later. Do not file a Hall Income Tax return for any tax year that begins on or after January 1, 2021. For more information about the Hall Income Tax, go to State of Tennessee individual tax form.
TAX PREPARATION ASSISTANCE FROM VITA / UNITED WAY: TAX YEAR 2022
VITA is providing free in-person tax assistance at the Main Library in Franklin this year for people with a household income of less than $70,000. VITA will be at the Library Jan. 30, 2023 through April 17, 2023 on the following dates and times:
- Mondays from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. in the Meeting Room
- Thursdays from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. in the Meeting Room
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. in the Meeting Room (Saturday, March 4 in Children's Activity Room)
VITA will not be in session on the following dates:
- Monday, Feb. 20
- Thursday, Feb. 23
- Saturday, Feb. 25
- Monday, Feb. 27
Assistance is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Schedule an appointment online or leave a voice mail message at 615-830-7940 to receive help scheduling an appointment.
Follow-up Federal Tax Assistance
After you have met with a tax assistance volunteer, you may need additional help filling out tax forms or answering tax questions. Library staff are unable to provide this information. Suggested contacts:
- AARP State Office (Nashville): 1-866-295-7274 (toll-free)
- AARP Tax-Aide Locator Website
- Call the IRS for telephone assistance: 800-829-1040
Tennessee Taxpayer Project
Still having a Federal Tax problem? You could get free help from the Tennessee Taxpayer Project, a low income taxpayer clinic offered by the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee: Tennessee Taxpayer Project.
Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help & Tax Product
- Internet: You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Phone: To Order Tax Forms and Publications: 800-829-3676
- Tax Help and Questions:
- Business and Specialty Tax: 800-829-4933
- Individuals: 800-829-1040