Income Tax Information - Tax Year 2021
Tax Forms at the Library
Tax year 2021 forms are currently AVAILABLE at the Main Library in Franklin:
- Form 1099 MISC
- Form 1099 NEC
- Form 1096
- 1040 / 1040-SR Instructions
Tax year 2021 forms currently ON ORDER at the Main Library in Franklin:
- 1040 / 1040-SR Booklets
- 1040 / 1040-SR Booklets in Spanish
- 1040 / 1040-SR Instructions in Spanish
Additional schedules and forms can be downloaded and printed from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.
Tennessee's Hall Income Tax was repealed for tax periods that begin on January 1, 2021, or later. Do not file a Hall Income Tax return for any tax year that begins on or after January 1, 2021. For more information about the Hall Income Tax, go to State of Tennessee individual tax form.
TAX PREPARATION ASSISTANCE FROM VITA / UNITED WAY: TAX YEAR 2021
VITA is providing free in-person tax assistance at the Main Library in Franklin this year for people with a household income of less than $70,000. VITA will be at the Library January 31, 2022 through April 14, 2022 at the following dates and times:
- Mondays from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Saturdays from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Assistance is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Schedule an appointment online or leave a voice mail message at 615-830-7940 to receive help scheduling an appointment.
Follow-up Federal Tax Assistance
After you have met with a tax assistance volunteer, you may need additional help filling out tax forms or answering tax questions. Library staff are unable to provide this information. Suggested contacts:
- AARP State Office (Nashville): 1-866-295-7274 (toll-free)
- AARP Tax-Aide Locator Website
- Call the IRS for telephone assistance: 800-829-1040
Tennessee Taxpayer Project
Still having a Federal Tax problem? You could get free help from the Tennessee Taxpayer Project, a low income taxpayer clinic offered by the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee: Tennessee Taxpayer Project.
Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help & Tax Product
- Internet: You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Phone: To Order Tax Forms and Publications: 800-829-3676
- Tax Help and Questions:
- Business and Specialty Tax: 800-829-4933
- Individuals: 800-829-1040