Food & Drink
The Williamson County Public Library strives to create a welcoming, clean and comfortable environment for all to enjoy. Consistent with this goal, food and drink are allowed in the Library on a limited basis and should be consumed in a considerate and responsible manner. Food and drink pose a potential risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. In order to protect our resources and facilities from damage, please act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the Library.
- Beverages are allowed if they are in a spill-proof cup or container with a secure lid. Glass or open containers are not allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Consumption of food is limited to pre-packaged snacks or wrapped items that are consumed by an individual. Foods which might disturb others are not allowed.
- Food and drinks are not permitted while using library computers or other electrical equipment.
- Food and drink are permissible for special functions in Library meeting room as authorized by the Library. Rules for food and beverages are detailed under the Library's Meeting Room Use Policy.
- Certain areas of the Library are designated as "No Food or Drink" zones, such as the Main Library's Special Collections Department and other posted areas.
- Library users must cooperate in:
- Immediately reporting spills to staff.
- Discarding food and drink refuse in trash containers.
- Leaving all areas clean for use by others.
- Users violating this policy will be asked to remove their food and drink from the Library. Repeat offenders will be subject to losing Library privileges.
- Unattended food and drink openly displayed in public areas will be confiscated and discarded.
Policy approved by the Williamson County Public Library Board of Trustees, August 20, 2015.