Summer Reading for Children 2020
Summer Reading Imagine Your Story 2020
June 1-August 8, 2020
***Please Note all summer reading participants can only sign up for ONE challenge per family member. Ages will cross over and they need to choose the ONE Challenge that fits them best.
Registration, reading time logging, and activity logging toward completion will take place directly on Beanstack through our weblink or mobile app https://williamsoncounty.beanstack.org/ Beanstack mobile tracker app is available from your App Store, I-Tunes or Google Play.
Prizes for All Youth Related Summer Reading & Activity Challenges
Tiny Tots Challenge, Preschool Challenge, Kids Challenge, Teen Challenge
- 5 hour reading prize Sonic Coupons
- 10 hour reading prize Pizza Hut Coupon
- 15 hour reading prize Vanderbilt opening game free ticket (use the link to order)
- 20 Hour reading prizes will include 1 Free Paperback Book, compliments of the Summer Reading Program Challenge and in collaboration with the Williamson County Fair and sponsored by CoreCivic, these readers will also receive a Read and Win Ribbon, recognition on the Williamson County Fair’s website and be entered for a chance to win one of ten Top Golf prizes.
Prize pick up is available at all locations between August 8th-----August 31st, 2020 only.
Summer Reading 2020 Challenges:
Tiny Tots Challenge for ages 0-3 years old
- This interactive challenge includes reading and activities just right for children birth-3 and their parent or care giver to share. You can find suggested books to help you complete activities or read just for fun under the recommendations tab on your dashboard. Start your adventure together now! This challenge is set up according to the 5 early literacy practices- sing, talk, play, read, and write. There is a badge for each practice and activities in each badge for children ages infancy to 3. Children who participate in this challenge will be required to complete 20 hours of reading/ being read to and complete 3 activity badges for a total of 9 activities completed out of 25 possible activities.
Preschool Summer Challenge for ages 3-5 years old
- Is your little one growing more independent? If so, this challenge with reading and activities for your child to complete with you or on their own will be just right. Begin your summer adventure now! Children who participate in this challenge will be required to complete 20 hours of reading/ being read to and complete 3 activity badges for a total of 6 activities completed out of 12 possible activities.
Kids Summer Reading Challenge for ages 5-12 years old
- This challenge is just right for children who can complete reading and a variety of activities independently but still enjoy doing both with their parents or caregivers. You can find lists of suggested books for completing activities or reading just for fun under the recommendations tab on your beanstack dashboard. Let your summer adventure begin now! Children who participate in this challenge will be required to complete 20 hours of reading and complete 3 activity badges for a total of 6 activities completed out of 12 possible activities.
Teens Summer Reading Challenge for ages 12-18 years old
- Tweens/ Teens who participate in this challenge will be required to complete 20 hours of reading & complete 5 out of 10 activities & write 1 review. Earn (1) ticket for every 5 hours of reading or for writing 1 review and then any additional reading after 20 hours they will earn 2 tickets that can go toward drawings for limited gift cards.
Looking for Summer Reading Performers-? Check out video links to Summer Performers here
Thank You, Sponsors!