Here’s how to use the Library 2 Go service*:
1. Call 615-595-1277 between 8:00a and 4:30p, Monday to Friday, to request up to 10 items.
2. Staff will find the books and check them out to Library patrons. (Please allow staff some time to find items.)
3. Come to the Main Library in Franklin.
4. Park and call again from the parking lot to see if the items are ready.
5. Come to the front door and stop at the mat.
6. A staff person will put a bag of items on the table and unlock the front door.
7. Once the inside doors close behind the staff person, a patron may enter the foyer for their items.
8. Items may be returned in the outside return book drop.
For personal safety, the Library recommends wearing gloves when picking up items. The service is "use at your own risk". Library Staff are wiping down the book covers when items are returned and wearing gloves when handling materials but there is no method for cleaning pages. To learn how long the covod-19 virus lives on surfaces: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200320192755.htm
The WCPLS goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that can be disinfected and loaned with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Everyone’s understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.
*Library accounts must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues.
Learn more about this service by calling the library at 615-595-1277 or visit the library’s web site at http://wcpltn.org. The library e-newsletter provides subscribers with library news about services like this and more. Sign up to receive it via email by signing up at: https://www.wcpltn.org/277/Newsletter-Sign-Up