Thank you for your patience as we adapt again to provide services that allow for safe social distancing and borrowing of Library materials. We will be rolling out our takeout service at the Main Library, on Monday, May 4. The process below details how we will proceed at the Main Library in Franklin.
Each of our Branches will be tweaking this procedure to work within their different facilities.
We look forward to serving you and being back to putting books and more in the hands of our readers. Be well and stay safe.
Here’s how to use our Library2Go service* at the Main Library:
1. Call us at 615-595-1277 between 9:00am and 5:00pm to request up to 10 items per family or to pick up your item(s) currently being held on the hold shelf**.
2. Staff will find the items and check them out to you.
3. Staff will call you to let you know when your items are ready for pickup and to come to the Main Library in Franklin from 9-1 and 2-5, Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday plus 9-1 on Wednesdays.
4. Upon your arrival in the parking lot, you call us to let us know when you are here to pick up your items.
5. Staff will instruct you to come to the front door where your items will be on the “Library 2 Go Pick Up” table in a bag with your name on it.
6. Once the inside doors close behind the staff member, you may retrieve your items.
8. Return items go in the outside return book drop
*Your Library account must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues.
**Items on hold prior to the "safer at home" initiative are still on hold and may be picked up.
For your own safety, we recommend wearing gloves when picking up your items. This service is "use at your own risk." Library Staff wipe down the book covers when received and wear gloves as we handle materials but we have no method for cleaning pages.
Our goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that we can disinfect and loan with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Your understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.