The Williamson County Public Library System takeout services provides library materials to patrons while facilities are closed and with minimal interactions.
Here’s how to use our Library2Go service* at the Main Library:
1. Hours: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursday
2. Call us at 615-595-1277 between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm to request up to 10 items per family or to pick up your item(s) currently being held on the hold shelf**.
3. Staff will find the items and check them out to you. Please allow an hour or more for your request to be processed.
4. Drive up to the door between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm or 2:00 and 6:00 pm.
5. A masked staffer will ask for your name, retrieve your items, and place them on a table for you. Your borrowed materials list will be in the bag.
6. Once the sliding glass doors close behind the staff member, you may retrieve your items.
7. Returned items go in the outside return book drop.
We look forward to serving you and being back to putting books and more in the hands of our readers. Be well and stay safe.
*Your Library account must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues.
**Items on hold prior to the "safer at home" initiative are still on hold and may be picked up.***
For your own safety, we recommend wearing gloves when picking up your items. This service is "use at your own risk." Library Staff wipe down the book covers when received and wear gloves as we handle materials but we have no method for cleaning pages.
Our goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that we can disinfect and loan with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Your understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.