We recommend practicing computer basics before attending a class.
Hands on Computer Literacy websites:
- Digital Learn - Short tutorials that offer introductions to basic computer skills.
- GCFLearnFree - Click on the "Technology" link to learn computer basics or the "Microsoft" link to learn Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Hive Mind Media Literacy Skills - how to be positive online, spot disinformation, and practice digital safety.
- Jan’s Illustrated Computer Literacy 101
- TechBoomers - Learn basic computer skills and how to use popular websites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Peterson's Test and Career Prep - Using your library card to sign into Gale Presents Peterson's Test and Career Prep, click in the Foundational Skills menu and scroll down to Microsoft Office Tutorials.