- Main Library
- Children's Department
- Children's Electronic Resources
Children's Electronic Resources
Read, Learn, and Explore!
A comprehensive early learning site for children ages 2-8+, covering reading and language arts, math, science, social studies, art, and music. It is completely child-safe, with no advertising or links to other websites. ABCmouse.com has won numerous awards and features 8,500+ learning activities, including books, interactive learning activities, games, puzzles, songs, and art activities.
- Digital service that offers movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
- Animated, talking picture books that teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks Library also includes National Geographic videos and games.
- TumbleMath and TeenBookCloud can also be found here.
- Biblioteca TumbleBooks is the same service in Spanish.
- Call your Branch Library to verify your account status and learn how to access this database.
Tennessee Electronic Library
- This amazing resource is available to all Tennesseans. There are lesson plans, videos, games, encyclopedias, and more.
Tennesse READS Kids
- Libby – free app from iTunes App Store and GooglePlay
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, graphic novels and movies
- Place holds on items if they are checked out
- Tap the Kids and Teens Guide on the Library app screen to apply these filters
VSBA Book List
- Winners of the Volunteer State Book Awards, which are often highlighted and utilized in classroom learning and free-time reading in Tennessee schools.
More Homework and Research Resources!
More Amazing Resources for Kids and Parents
Day By Day TN Family Literacy Calendar -
Families, caregivers, educators, and librarians can use the Day By Day Family Literacy Calendar at home, library, classroom, or on the go. With a perpetual calendar featuring songs, activities, book suggestions, and videos, Day By Day supports early literacy skills and helps young children get ready for school.
Dolly Parton Reads Bedtime Stories
- Watch Dolly read books from the Imagination Library. The website has other activities and games to enjoy too.
Stay Home With Candlewick Press
- Be sure to read and share their free e-book about Covid-19!
E-Books from Big Timber Media
- E-book bundles by grade level that are free to use.
Citizen Science with SciStarter
- Get involved in a citizen science program digitally from your phone, tablet, or computer. April is Citizen Science Month and there are many activities to choose from on this site.
- DK has books and lesson plans that can be downloaded and printed for use at home free of charge. A great resource for quarantine-schoolers.
Ready Rosie’s Healthy At Home
- Videos and resources aimed at preschoolers to help them learn pre-K skills and relevant tasks such as proper handwashing.
Coloring Book Pages
- Coloring pages by children’s book illustrators, courtesy of Every Child a Reader.
Stories Songs and Stretches
- Visit the "Free Stuff" tab of this page for guided yoga and mindfulness for little ones.
- Have your kids play and learn chess online with the best tools (tactics, puzzles, videos, lessons and much more.
Celebrity Story Times
- Celebrities read well-known and well-loved books in this fantastic resource.
Stories From Space
- These astronaut readers are out of this world- literally!
- Authors reading great books. Need we say more?
The Fable Cottage- Bilingual Stories
- Stories for English-language learners that has many languages including Spanish, Italian, French, and German.
- Historias para estudiantes de inglés que tienen muchos idiomas, incluyendo español, italiano, francés y alemán.
- Histoires pour les apprenants de langue anglaise qui ont de nombreuses langues dont l’espagnol, l’italien, le français et l’allemand.
- Geschichten für Englischlerner mit vielen Sprachen, darunter Spanisch, Italienisch, Französisch und Deutsch.
Author Live Streams and Videos
Author/illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka will be live streaming art & writing lessons every week day at 2 pm EST. Recordings can be viewed at any time.
James Dean reads Pete the Cat on Instagram
Learn to Draw with Mo Willems
Patricia Polacco reads Rechenka’s Eggs
Google Arts and Culture Virtual Museum Tours
- Visit the world’s most famous art galleries and museums via Google Arts & Culture. Just remember to stop for lunch and dinner- this site will keep you busy all day!
National Parks via Google Earth
Virtual tours of 31 national parks, all thanks to Google Earth.
- LiveCams of nature from all over the world, including the oceans!