Children's Electronic Resources
Read, Learn, and Explore!
- This amazing resource is available to all Tennesseans. There are lesson plans, videos, games, encyclopedias, and more. They are also keeping an updated list of activities and sites during the shutdown. Go check it out! You won’t be disappointed.
- Digital service that offers movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
- Animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks Library also includes National Geographic videos and games.
- TumbleMath and TeenBookCloud can also be found here.
- Biblioteca TumbleBooks is the same service in Spanish. Call your Branch Library to verify your account status and learn how to access this database.
- Electronic magazine resource. WCPLS subscribes to Ranger Rick, Ladybug, Ingredient, High Five Bilingüe, Mommy & Me, and Minecraft World.
- Tennesse READS Kids
- Libby – this is OverDrive’s new app – which is a bit more user friendly
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and videos
- You can place holds on items if they are checked out to another patron
- Click on the plus button in the middle of the app to adjust your preferences, including setting the audience to “juvenile” and limiting to only “available titles” (if you want something right away)
- Many of the kids picture books or readers have narration that can be turned on.
- Winners of the Volunteer State Book Awards, which are often highlighted and utilized in classroom learning and free-time reading in Tennessee schools.
More Homework and Research Resources!
More Amazing Resources for Kids and Parents
- Watch Dolly read books from the Imagination Library. The website has other activities and games to enjoy too.
- Be sure to read and share their free e-book about Covid-19!
- E-book bundles by grade level that are free to use.
- Get involved in a citizen science program digitally from your phone, tablet, or computer. April is Citizen Science Month and there are many activities to choose from on this site.
- DK has books and lesson plans that can be downloaded and printed for use at home free of charge. A great resource for quarantine-schoolers.
- Videos and resources aimed at preschoolers to help them learn pre-K skills and relevant tasks such as proper handwashing.
- Coloring pages by children’s book illustrators, courtesy of Every Child a Reader.
- Visit the "Free Stuff" tab of this page for guided yoga and mindfulness for little ones.
- Have your kids play and learn chess online with the best tools (tactics, puzzles, videos, lessons and much more.
Celebrity Story Times
- Celebrities read well-known and well-loved books in this fantastic resource.
- These astronaut readers are out of this world- literally!
- Authors reading great books. Need we say more?
- Stories for English-language learners that has many languages including Spanish, Italian, French, and German.
- Historias para estudiantes de inglés que tienen muchos idiomas, incluyendo español, italiano, francés y alemán.
- Histoires pour les apprenants de langue anglaise qui ont de nombreuses langues dont l’espagnol, l’italien, le français et l’allemand.
- Geschichten für Englischlerner mit vielen Sprachen, darunter Spanisch, Italienisch, Französisch und Deutsch.
Author Live Streams and Videos
Author/illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka will be live streaming art & writing lessons every week day at 2 pm EST. Recordings can be viewed at any time.
- Visit the world’s most famous art galleries and museums via Google Arts & Culture. Just remember to stop for lunch and dinner- this site will keep you busy all day!
Virtual tours of 31 national parks, all thanks to Google Earth.
- LiveCams of nature from all over the world, including the oceans!