2023 Virtual Seed Exchange
Our Seed Exchange is Closed!
The 2023 Seed Exchange is closed for the year. We’ll return in the spring of 2024 with an amazing collection of seeds donated by our local Home Depot and many Williamson County gardeners.
HERE'S HOW THE SEED EXCHANGE WORKS:
- Click here for a list of available seeds.
- Fill out our online seed request form.
- Include the complete name of each seed or we will not be able to fill the request. For example, request “Big Boy Tomato” and not just “Tomato.”
- Click “Submit.”
- Allow 4 days to get your order together.
- You will receive a call or email when your seeds are ready.
- Seed pickup hours:
- Monday to Thursday 9:00 to 7:30
- Friday and Saturday 9:00 to 5:00
- Sunday 1:00 to 5:00.
- Pick up your seeds at the second-floor Reference desk within 5 days of notification
- Seeds cannot be mailed.
- A library card in good standing is required to borrow seeds. Apply for a library card.
- Patrons must be 18 years of age and older to check out seeds.
- Each patron can take up to 10 packets of seeds, limited to 1 packet of each type of seed, per year.
- The online seed list is updated weekly.
- Patrons who borrow seeds are encouraged but not required to bring back seeds the following season.
- The Library makes no guarantees about the success of any of the seeds in our collection.
- The seeds are for planting only. Do not eat them.
- The Library is not responsible for seed usage.
Each seed packet includes basic information about the plant and planting instructions. For more details about each plant, patrons can use the Library's great gardening resources.