Greetings, Williamson County Gardeners!
WCPL is happy to resume its Seed Exchange! Because of the COVID-19 situation, we are changing our procedures this year for the safety of our patrons and staff. All seed requests must be made ONLINE.
Check out the new vegetable, flower and herb seeds on our Plant List!
HERE'S HOW TO GET YOUR SEEDS:
- Click here for a list of available seeds.
- Once you’re chosen your seeds, fill out our online seed request form.
- Include the complete name of the seed or we will not be able to fill the request. For example, request “Big Boy Tomato” instead of “Tomato.”
- Click “Submit.”
- Allow at least 2 to 4 days for us to get your order together. We will call or email you when your seeds are ready to be picked up.
- Seed pickup hours:
Reference Desk on the 2nd floor
- Monday to Thursday 9:00 to 7:30
- Friday and Saturday 9:00 to 5:00
- Sunday 1:00 to 5:00.
Holds2Go Curbside: M
- Monday to Saturday 9:00 to 10:30
- Please try to pick up your seeds within 5 days of being notified your order is ready.
- We cannot mail seeds.
- A library card in good standing will be required to borrow seeds. Apply for a library card.
- Patrons must be at least 18 years of age to check out seeds.
- Each patron can take up to 10 packets of seeds, limited to 1 packet of each type of seed, per year.
- The seed list will be updated weekly.
- Patrons who borrow seeds are encouraged but not required to bring back seeds the following season.
- The Library makes no guarantees about the success of any of the seeds in our collection.
- The seeds are for planting only. Do not eat them.
- The Library is not responsible for seed usage.
Each seed packet will include very basic information about the plant and planting instructions. For more details about each plant, patrons are encouraged to use some of the Library's great gardening resources. Reference staff will be happy to help you locate just the right gardening book or online resource.